Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude and Holiday Wishes

I am so grateful for family, both two and four legged, my friends (near and far) and food! I hope like crazy that I will get a weekly writing schedule together to energize and share the recipes and meals I cherish in the year to come. I pray I will make it til Friday without my knee (or back, or foot or ?) acting up as I work in the kitchen. First time ever I will pause to do downward dog between rolling pie dough, frying latkes and brining the turkey. 

Here is the menu I am about to tackle. Challenges -  Grandpa doesn't eat vegetables. Husband is a vegetarian but will eat fish, daughter is gluten intolerant plus allergic to corn and carrots. Niece can eat NO and I mean absolutely NO nuts. I have to go to the ER if I have cow's milk.  Having so much fun coming up with the right recipes for  the - 

First and Last Ever Thanksgivakkuh Celebration 2013

Appetizers
Israeli Hummus and crudité  

Latke Station
Sweet Potato Latkes
New York Potato Latkes
Toppings:  Persimmon Applesauce, Sour Cream, Cranberry Orange Jelly, Thin sliced Smoked Turkey 

Pilgrim Food
Roast Cod
Dungeness Crab and Corn Pudding
Grilled Hickory Smoked Breast Turkey Breast
Wild Mushroom Gravy

Veggie/Salad Station
Kale and Spinach Salad with Dijon Lemon Vinaigrette
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Shallots & Peruvian Huacatay

Desserts –
 Cranberry Cherry Tartlets with Whipped Coconut Cream
DIpping Donut Holes with  Pumpkin Jam, Cranberry Jelly & Cinnamon Maple Sugar
Mini Pumpkin Marshmallow Cheesecakes

No comments: