Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolatine - Heaven in Thousand Oaks

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am still cleaning up after the feast - which means I have been  thinking of creative uses for leftovers and doing laundry non stop.  But today I found myself over the hill for a doctor's appointment and multiple errands. After much "Yelping", I finally discovered a yarn shop where I could buy supplies to fix Sophie's sweater. Help! I was in desperate need of something sweet. Low and behold, I looked up and there was Chocolatine, a true French pastry shop right on Thousand Oaks Boulevard near Executive Car Rental no less.

This place is the real deal. I only meant to get something to go but I was beguiled by the choices and the friendly atmosphere so I sat and had an espresso americano with a perfectly baked macaroon filled with hazelnut butter. Not too sweet, the filling perfectly moist and the macaroon just the right blend of crunch and chew. Today I had my choice of hazelnut, chocolate, pistachio, lemon or vanilla. So hard to decide.

I ended up bringing home a pastry box filled with macaroons, croissants and cookies. I also snagged a jar of their home made raspberry jam which I plan to try with croissants in the morning. Can't wait to go back and try their hand made chocolates!

So do yourself a favor next time you are in the Valley visit Hugo and Sabrine Barthe at their charming shop at 2955 East Thousand Oaks Blvd. Or try ordering a Buche de Noel for Christmas. I know it will be the best you have had in forever. Don't want sweets, you say -  they also make quiche and soup for lunch.


















 Here is the link that will take you to their website if you want a little more info. http://www.chocolatine.net . Now go enjoy yourself between all those errands and that holiday shopping!

No comments: