Monday, September 27, 2010

Japadog-the perfect Malibu hot dog stand

Ok. So it has a strange name but after seeing this cart every day in Vancouver outside the Sutton Place Hotel I knew it was only a matter of time before I tried one. After all Ice Cube and Steven Seagal had their pictures taken eating one. I am certainly more food adventurous than those two. I had one more chance on the day we moved from the hotel out to the (bear) country. I stood in line, a long one, and got my first ever Japadog!

Now why we don't have one of these in Malibu I just don't know. It would be a huge hit. Can you just imagine this outside Malibu Lumber -divine.  The menu encompasses everything for everyone...and they say right on their website http://www.japadog.com/en/ that they are looking for new locations! "We are alaways looking for location for selling hotdog"

So what to choose - Had to go with Kurobuta Terimayo  - "Most valuable Berkshire pork sausage", Japanese (miso) mayo, fried cabbage and  crispy seaweed.


 You may think I am crazy but this was delicious! Here is a link to their menu http://www.japadog.com/menu/index.html so you can pick your favorite. They offer a more extensive one now than on their website as you can see on the poster below. What do you say Malibu Lumber - perfect for us locals and tourists too.

1 comment:

Candy Barr said...

Way cool and I'll see about locations in Vermont!